Gallup Korea Releases Monthly Survey Results for Favorite Korean TV and Video Streaming Shows
In its monthly survey, polling firm Gallup Korea has revealed the top favorite Korean TV and video streaming shows among South Korean viewers. The survey, which ran from October 17 to 19, involved 1,000 respondents aged 18 and older.
Topping the list is the Korean drama “My Dearest,” which claimed the number one spot with 3.7 percent of the votes. This marks a significant rise, as the show climbed six places from the previous survey conducted in September. “My Dearest” is a period drama airing on Korean TV network MBC, starring Namkoong Min and Ahn Eun-jin.
Following closely behind in second place is MBC’s entertainment show “I Live Alone” with 3.2 percent of the votes. tvN’s “You Quiz on the Block” secured the third spot with 2.7 percent of the votes.
Other notable shows in the list include ENA and SBS Plus’ “I am Solo,” which ranked fourth with 2.4 percent of the votes. SBS’ “My Little Old Boy” and MBN’s “I Am a Natural Person” tied for fifth place with 2.1 percent of the votes.
Gallup Korea has been conducting this monthly survey since January 2013, providing insights into the preferences of Korean viewers. The survey aims to shed light on the popularity of various TV and video streaming programs in the country.
Here are the top 20 favorite Korean TV and streaming video programs for the month of October:
- My Dearest (drama, MBC) – 3.7%
- I Live Alone (entertainment, MBC) – 3.2%
- You Quiz on the Block (entertainment, tvN) – 2.7%
- I am Solo (entertainment, ENA-SBS Plus) – 2.4%
- My Little Old Boy (entertainment, SBS) – 2.1%
I Am a Natural Person (entertainment, MBN) – 2.1%
- Strong Girl Nam-soon (drama, JTBC) – 2%
- Live Your Own Life (drama, KBS2) – 1.8%
Mr. Lotto (entertainment, TV Chosun) – 1.8%
Elegant Empire (drama, KBS2) – 1.8%
2 Days 1 Night (entertainment, KBS2) – 1.8%
- I Like Tuesday Nights (entertainment, TV Chosun) – 1.5%
- Running Man (entertainment, SBS) – 1.4%
Bumpy Family (drama, KBS1) – 1.4%
- Hangout with You (entertainment, MBC) – 1.3%
Moving (drama, Disney+) – 1.3%
- Burning Roses (entertainment, MBN) – 1.2%
Naked History (entertainment, tvN) – 1.2%
- Dolsing Fourmen (entertainment, SBS) – 1%
The Live (current affairs, KBS2) – 1%