Examiner concludes Matthew Perry’s death was caused by accidental ketamine overdose

Beloved ‘Friends’ actor Matthew Perry died of accidental ketamine overdose

LOS ANGELES (AFP) – Tragic news hit the entertainment world today as it was announced that beloved “Friends” actor Matthew Perry passed away due to an accidental ketamine overdose, according to medical examiners. Perry, best known for his role as Chandler Bing on the hit TV sitcom from 1994-2004, tragically died at the age of 54 after being found unconscious in a swimming pool at his house in Los Angeles back in October.

Perry had long struggled with addiction to drugs, including ketamine, and battled serious health issues, but was reportedly clean for 19 months leading up to his passing. The Los Angeles County Medical Examiner’s office released a statement revealing that Perry’s cause of death was from the acute effects of ketamine, with drowning, coronary artery disease, and buprenorphine effects also playing a role in his passing.

While ketamine is used illegally as a recreational drug, it can also be used by doctors as an anesthetic, and researchers are exploring its use as a mental health treatment. In his memoir, Perry detailed how he relied on ketamine during his battles with addiction, describing the drug as a way to ease his pain and help with depression. The news comes as a shock to Hollywood as his sudden passing in October drew shocked reactions from colleagues and co-stars in the entertainment industry.

Fans and colleagues alike have taken to social media to express their shock and grief over Perry’s tragic passing, describing him as part of their chosen family and reminiscing on the time they spent together.

Leave a Reply