The Civil Service Commission (CSC) Chairperson honored outstanding civil servants during the CSC National Capital Region’s recognition rites for the national semi-finalists of the 2022 Search for Outstanding Government Workers.
During the event held on 14 November in a hotel in Quezon City, two (2) individuals and four (4) groups from the National Capital Region were recognized as National Semi-finalists of the Presidential 𝘓𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘬𝘰𝘥 𝘉𝘢𝘺𝘢𝘯 Award. They are:
• Dr. Cynthia P. Saloma, Professor and Executive Director, Philippine Genome Center;
• Executive Director Lilia T. Habacon, Philippine Science High School System;
• Rice Business System Community Program of the Philippine Rice Research Institute, led by Ms. Aurora M. Corales;
• Starbooks of the Science and Technology Information Institute, led by Mr. Alan C. Taule;
• Digital Onboarding System Team of Land Bank of the Philippines, led by Senior Vice President Althon C. Ferolino; and
• Cash Service Alliance Core Team of the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, led by Mr. Ralph Williams C. Meris.
The Presidential 𝘓𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘬𝘰𝘥 𝘉𝘢𝘺𝘢𝘯 Award is conferred on an individual or group for exceptional or extraordinary contributions resulting from an idea or performance that had a nationwide impact on public interest, security, and patrimony.
On the other hand, Mr. Francis R. Ribleza, Customer Care Officer at Land Bank of the Philippines, also from the National Capital Region, was recognized as National Semi-finalist of the 𝘋𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘢𝘭 𝘯𝘨 𝘉𝘢𝘺𝘢𝘯 Award.
The 𝘋𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘢𝘭 𝘯𝘨 𝘉𝘢𝘺𝘢𝘯 Award is conferred on an individual for the performance of an extraordinary act or public service and consistent demonstration of exemplary ethical behavior based on observance of the eight norms of conduct provided under Republic Act No. 6713 or the Code of Conduct and Ethical Standards for Public Officials and Employees.
In a message delivered during the event, Chairperson Nograles said, “Our honorees today are the epitomes of outstanding civil servants. As the central human resource agency of the bureaucracy, the CSC extends our gratitude for all that you have done and continue to do for the agency and for the communities you serve.”