The Philippine National Police assures the public of better and more efficient services as eighteen (18) more offices and units were conferred the prestigious “ISO Certified 9001” by the International Organization for Standardization.
PNP Chief, Police General Rodolfo Azurin Jr., and Philippine Army Commanding General, Lieutenant General Romeo S Brawner Jr., as the event’s Guest of Honor and Speaker together with TUV Rheinland Philippines, Inc. Managing Director Tristan Arven G. Loveres conferred the certification during simple ceremonies at National Headquarters, Camp BGen Rafael T Crame, Quezon City today (October 10) to the following offices:
• Directorate for Personnel and Records Management (DPRM);
• Directorate for Operations (DO);
• Directorate for Logistics (DL);
• Directorate for Investigation and Detective Management (DIDM);
• Directorate for Human Resource and Doctrine Development (DHRDD);
• Directorate for Research and Development (DRD);
• Directorate for Information Communication Technology Management (DICTM);
• Women and Children Protection Center (WCPC);
• Engineering Service (ES);
• Communications and Electronics Service (CES);
• Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG);
• Special Action Force (SAF);
• Maritime Group (MG);
• Police Community Affairs and Development Group (PCADG);
• Supervisory Office for Security and Investigation Agencies (SOSIA);
• Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG);
• Quezon City Police District (QCPD).
“For this recognition, we thank the members of the community and all our stakeholders for their support and cooperation and for continuing to trust in the police as your servants and protectors.” Azurin said.
“Let these resounding achievements of our PNP units and personnel serve as the foundation of our “MKK=K o ang Malasakit, Kaayusan at Kapayapaan tungo sa Kaunlaran” as our peace and security framework for the future, transforming the PNP into a stronger and more responsive police organization”, he added.
At present, there are now 28 “ISO Certified” PNP Units and Offices since 2018 when the Crime Laboratory became the first “ISO Certified” PNP Unit. Other PNP units certified by the International Organization for Standardization since then were, Office of the Chief PNP, Directorate for Plans, National Capital Region Police Office, PNP General Hospital, Highway Patrol Group, Police Security and Protection Group, Firearms and Explosives Office, Philippine National Police Academy, and PNP Retirement and Benefits Administration Service.
ISO 9001 is a family of standards for quality management systems. ISO 9001 is maintained by the International Organization for Standardization and is administered by accreditation and certification bodies.
A company or organization certified as “ISO 9001” is found to be keeping a set of procedures that cover all key processes in the business, monitoring processes to ensure they are effective, keeping adequate records, checking output for defects, with appropriate and corrective action where necessary, regularly reviewing individual processes and the quality system itself for effectiveness, and facilitating continual improvement.